Melbourne Cup info
The 2016 Caulfield Cup saw some stellar performances. Here’s a brief look at the noteworthy favourites among the 18horse line up.
• Jameka: The champion who performed to its full potential and gained a dominant convincing victory. Currently, the bettors’ favourite too.
• Scottish: Displayed great fighting spirit and perseverance.
• Exospheric: Gave a praiseworthy effort and ran a convincing race to catch the punters’ attention.
• Sir Isaac Newton: A good strong horse, but lost pace in the middle. Displayed great potential and seems to be in good form for the next season.
• Real Love: Had a good start until Scottish overtook her and emerged with a great competitive run and a decent finish.
• Almoonqith: Finished at a comfortable 4th position and gave a promising performance.
The winner of the Caulfield Cup will gain automatic entry into the Melbourne Cup field worth $6.5million.